Re: [gnugo-devel] testcases

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] testcases
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:44:52 -0800

Evan wrote:

> These are some new testcases from a game gnugo played on nngs.  A large
> collection of mistakes contributed to gnugo losing by 71.5 while taking 6
> stones from uno 7k*.
>
> I've tried to be fairly conservative with my tests while still getting all
> the major mistakes, but there are certainly more tests possible from this
> game.

I agree with most of the tests.

Why do the tests use reg_genmove? Apparently this what Gunnar
intended to used in the regressions when the command was implemented
in October but nobody (including Gunnar) has been using this command.

If we are going to convert to this command perhaps we should do the
whole regressions at once.

> loadsgf games/nngs/uno-gnugo-3.3.16-200302230528.sgf 36
> 320 reg_genmove black
> #? [M15]

At move 36, there are a couple of things on the board which
are even more urgent than M15. C6 is very imporant, and W
is threatening H4, which B might defend in a few different
ways, for example L4. I took this test out.

At move 128, K8 could also be considered. I added this alternative.

Dan