Re: [gnugo-devel] assertion failure in the board code

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] assertion failure in the board code
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 18:18:23 +0100

I wrote:
> The position is somewhat extreme so it's possible that some assumption
> has turned out to be too optimistic. Unfortunately I haven't been able
> to reduce the test case further and just removing a single genmove
> seems to suffice to no longer trigger the bug.

I think I know what's going on. In any case the test case complexity
can be radically reduced by replacing all "genmove white" with "play
white pass".

It's a safe bet that the move history collapsing around line 1000 is
the triggering factor. I have a feeling that the bug may have been
introduced with the patch arend_3_13.1.

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2002-11/msg00335.html

/Gunnar