[gnugo-devel] Re: something wrong with gnu mailing list archive

From: Daniel Bump
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:35:08 -0800

> Could anyone please explain me what's happening and how to avoid that?
> The point is that messages posted to the mailing list
> <address@hidden> disappear from the list archive. In particular,
> when a message is posted to the list, the most recent message that has
> been already archived disappears from the archive. This is continuing
> for a week.

A couple of months this exact problem happened in the gnugo-devel
list. At one time every message was archived but they were all
given the same URL, each message overwriting the previous one.

Mail to address@hidden around 9 December went unanswered.

The only addresses I can currently find for complaints about the
list are my own and Gunnar Farneback's (as list moderators). But
of course we can't do much when something like that happens.

We corrected that particular problem without help by first
changing the archiving to weekly, then changing it back to
monthly. There were other problems around the same time.

At some point the URL's in the archives were all suddenly changed,
a problem for us because we maintain a page of links into the
archive at http://match.stanford.edu/gnugo/patches.html.

Daniel Bump