Re: [gnugo-devel] josekis

From: Evan Berggren Daniel
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] josekis
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 19:04:22 -0500 (EST)

> gnugo played the `*' move. we really should do something about
> this joseki variation. Evan?

I'll look into it.  My intuition is to do two things:  make the pattern
larger, and add a constraint that it not be playing in its own moyo, eg
!omoyo(a), with a one or two points above the point *.  I'm reluctant to
make the pattern larger, because the move makes (more) sense if you swap
the colors of the stones above (the joseki choice wouldn't, but...)

Thanks

Evan Daniel