Re: [gnugo-devel] Hoshi joseki work

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Hoshi joseki work
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:12:02 -0800

Evan wrote:

> - modified joseki regions to solve ninestones:590 (see my previous email)
> - includes patch from my email 'hoshi joseki fix'
>
> The two space approach josekis are to help with games like
> sjfried-gnugo-3.3.17-200303240814.sgf.

I noticed two added patterns that seem not urgent enough to
warrant J classification. These two might be j patterns.

Pattern JH755

--------+
........|
........|
........|
..X.X...|
........|
........|
....O...|
........|
........|
.....*..|
........|
........|
........|

:8,sFJ

Pattern JH756

------------+
............|
............|
..*.........|
......O.O...|
............|
............|
........X...|
............|
............|
.........X..|
............|

:8,sFJ

Apart from that, there are variations for this Joseki:

Pattern JH708

--------+
........|
........|
........|
..X.X*..|
........|
........|
....O...|
........|
........|

:8,sFJ

After this, B's strongest move is at R15, sometimes
followed by S15 after W crosscuts. There are no
variations for these moves. I'm not sure how much
of this there is in Ishida's Joseki book, but I
think there's at least a few variations, more in
another book that Evan probably doesn't have.

Dan