Re: [gnugo-devel] twogtp.py matches broken

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] twogtp.py matches broken
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:39:22 +0200 (CEST)

Evan wrote:

> twogtp-a does not exhibit this problem, because it starts a new gnugo
> process for every game.  This seems like a good idea to me, to avoid any
> other such bugs.  twogtp has the same problem as twogtp.py.

I think I disagree. If we want gg to be able to play several games in
a row, we should test it as well.
(Also, that way you can get a summary of the consumed CPU times for free
by looking at "ps ax | grep gnugo" while the contest is still running.)

(And don't forget that exactly the same problem is triggered by
reg_genmove etc.)