Re: [gnugo-devel] New semeai patch

From: SP LEE
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] New semeai patch
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 13:45:55 -0700

Then I found that the semeai module only generates one move if it's a winning move. The attached patch will put all outside liberties of the opponent group under semeai on the move list if the semeai module thinks filling outside liberty can win the semeai. Self atari liberties will not be counted as candidate moves. Also if the result of semeai module is a ko or snap-back, only this move is a candidate.

There should be no problem in simple nakade cases. This patch will ignore self-atari liberties automatically, so in the case of 3, 4 and star 5 inner liberties, the patch will not generalize moves to other liberties then the crucial point. For other 5 and 6 liberties, I'm not sure gnugo can handle these complicated cases at this moment, i.e. semeai with opponent having a big eye. If yes, the patch can be upgraded simply.

SP Lee