[gnugo-devel] Questions about game rules and calculating points in GO

From: Trung Hoang
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Questions about game rules and calculating points in GO
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 00:19:56 +0200

Hi!

I am sorry if I send this e-mail to wrong e-mail address, concerning my
questions.

I have downloaded the source code for GNU Go, but I have problem finding the
right .cpp/.h file(s) for only the game rules, and how it is done to count the
points in the game. I would be grateful if you could direct me to right file(s).

I am doing a project involving Genetic Programming(GP) and Neural Network(NN)
with recursive elements. My plan is to let the GP evolve a NN to play Go, to be
succesful I need a fitness function. So I was planing to use the rules of the
game as fitness function, and to calculate the NNs effectivness I need to know
how to count the points in the game. Unfortunately my skills in Go is lacking,
and therefore I should not write my own game engine for game rules, and for
calulating points. Hopefuly GNU Go has the solution to my problems.

Regards Trung Hoang

address@hidden