Re: [gnugo-devel] bug GNU go 3.0.0 (Debian package) (assertion failure)

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] bug GNU go 3.0.0 (Debian package) (assertion failure)
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 23:20:56 +0200

Bill Allombert wrote:
> gnugo 3.0.0: You stepped on a bug.
> Please save this game as an sgf file and mail it to address@hidden

You should consider upgrading; GNU Go 3.0.0 is after all more than two
years old and two stable versions out of date. I know that Debian
stable doesn't have any newer version but at least there's a 3.2 in
testing. It may even be preferable to build a 3.4 yourself, the binary
is self-contained and can be placed anywhere it doesn't interfere with
the package system.

Regarding this particular bug we've had dozens of bug reports about it
but never one which has allowed us to reproduce it so we were never
able to track it down. Since then the involved code has been
completely rewritten and the problem has disappeared.

/Gunnar