Re: [gnugo-devel] IGS

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] IGS
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 05:55:20 -0800

> Hello.
>
> I am a member of PANDANET INC.
> PANDANET INC is the owner of IGS(Internet Go Server) .
> We have a plan to run GNU Go as IGS user.
> We do not modify GNU Go,just use GNU Go binary and
> make it play on IGS.
> We would like you to give the permission to us.
>
> Thank you.
>
> PANDANET INC.
> Kenjiro Fukumisu.

Thank you for asking. This is fine.

I suggest that you use GNU Go 3.4. Please do NOT use
3.5.1 because that engine is experimental. (3.5.2
is probably OK but 3.4 is definitely good.)

You might want to look at gnugoclient 2.0 which is
used to run GNU Go on other servers. It is
available at:

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gunnar/gnugo/gnugoclient/

Daniel Bump