[gnugo-devel] passing mistake

From: Evan Berggren Daniel
Subject: [gnugo-devel] passing mistake
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 03:14:58 -0500 (EST)

Gnugo incorrectly passes as black in the following position:

   A B C D E F G H J
 9 . . . X O . . O . 9
 8 . . . X O X X O O 8
 7 . O + X O O X X X 7
 6 . . . X X O X . X 6
 5 O O . X O O X X . 5
 4 X O O O . . O O O 4
 3 X X X O O O O O O 3
 2 . . . X X O X O O 2     WHITE (O) has captured 1 stones
 1 . X X . X X X X O 1     BLACK (X) has captured 0 stones
   A B C D E F G H J

reg_genmove black
= PASS

final_score
= W+15.5

It gets the score correct, but with the position as is, the score
registered by nngs is wrong (W+18.5).

The game is evand-gnugo-3.5.2gf1-200312150903.sgf.

(I've added the position to my current collection of 9x9 tests, though it
might belong better elsewhere).

BTW, for those interested, my current 9x9 test suite is available at
http://evand.rh.ncsu.edu/~evand/gnugo/

Evan Daniel