Re: [gnugo-devel] new to the engine and curious

From: SP LEE
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] new to the engine and curious
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 15:26:24 -0800

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003, Martin Holters wrote:

> XXXXXO
> XO...O
> XO.O.O
> XXXXXO

I've attached a testcase for this position.

You might want to try using the GTP mode of gnugo when examining these
positions; it's also what we write the testcases in.  Let me know if you
want help with using GTP mode.

Evan Daniel

I don't understand this situation very well, but I have tried using the command "connect D3 H1" and gnugo got the right answer F3. The command "defend D3" doesn't give the correct answer of course because that portion of gnugo doesn't use any pattern to make an escape, am I right?

By the way, the pure value of this connection is about 8 points, so it's possible that gnugo chooses other (bigger) positions to play.

SP Lee

The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/bcomm&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca