Re: [gnugo-devel] need help

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] need help
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 22:48:15 +0100

Max wrote:
> -about the 2 lines of the expression
> ; expression A
> ; expression B
> i suppose the pattern matcher accepts if  A and B are  true ..

The two lines are simply concatenated into a single expression.

> -i believe  C uses  && for logical AND, || for logical OR.
> But i'm not sure .
> Is it right ?

Yes. I think the following is sufficient to read the expressions in
the pattern databases:

&&   logical AND
||   logical OR
!    logical NOT

It may also help to know that 0 is FALSE, anything non-zero is TRUE
and the result of a logical expression is 0 or 1.

There are also some rules about precedence in C. A simplification of
the most important ones in this context can be found in the table
below, ordered in decreasing priority.

logical NOT
arithmetic operators (* / + -)
relational operators (> >= < <= == !=)