Re: [gnugo-devel] GTP

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GTP
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:35:04 +0100

Marco wrote:
> I tried compiling the latest CVS snapshot, which is succesfull.
> However, when i try to connect to KGS through kgsGtp, i get a
> different response from GNUGo it seems, resulting in an error. The
> older GNUGo versions work fine for me. I attached two nohups, so you
> can check out what i mean.

I believe the only relevant change in GNU Go is that it uses
unbuffered output in 3.5.4 instead of linebuffered output in 3.4. This
shouldn't make a difference for kgsGtp, unless either
* there's a bug in kgsGtp,
* there's some issue with unbuffered output on your platform, or
* there's some bug in the Java implementation on your platform,
  stopping kgsGtp from working correctly.

The kgsGtp logs didn't give me any useful hint as to what happened.
I'm not sure how to debug this but you can start by reverse-applying
the patch in
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2003-12/msg00077.html
and see whether that makes a difference.

/Gunnar