Re: [gnugo-devel] Documentation

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Documentation
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:06:26 -0800

> I like your program very much although it wins more often than I do :) I use
> it to play with Jago client. I have a small problem. When I want to insert a
> variation or want to play a saved game to the end, Gnugo does not want to
> continue. Is there any way to figure this thing out?  Besides on the

I think this is a problem with the client. The client gGo
does support resuming saved games. I am not sure whether
other clients have this feature. You can always finish the
game in ascii mode.

> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/gnugo-doc.html I could not find the
> documentation. How can I get it?

The documentation is included in the tar files. Download
gnugo-3.4.tar.gz or gnugo-3.5.4.tar.gz from:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/devel.html

Untar and unzip the file. Look in the doc/ directory. The
documentation is distributed in texinfo format which you
can read with emacs or info (if you have it).

You can also build the documentation in html or postscript
format.  This is easiest with GNU/Linux but it can be done
with other operating systems. If you have Linux just type
`make gnugo.ps' to get the postscript documentation.

Let us know if you need more help.

Daniel Bump