Re: [gnugo-devel] function in influence.c not in liberty.h

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] function in influence.c not in liberty.h
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 03:02:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> 1.
> I noticed some functions in influence.c are not in liberty.h.
> such as:
>
> static float
> influence_evaluate_position(int color, float *power, float *game_status)
> {
>
> I assume it should be included in liberty.h for this function to be used
> else where?

Yes, but it is only used in game_status() in the same file, so there is
no need to add it to liberty.h.

> 2.
> Also this function and another function
> float influence_score(const struct influence_data *q);
>
> Will they both return the samething - a floating number to indicate the
> TOTAL territory on the entire board? If so, + number means WHITE is ahead,
> - number means BLACK is ahead, I assume.
>
> I didn't find any documentation on either functions in the .ps gnugo 3.4
> doc.

The only documentation for them are the comments in the source code. They
are not quite the same thing. influence_score() returns a likely score in
the way you say. influence_evaluate_position() instead returns the
difference in safe territory.

HTH,