Re: [gnugo-devel] Fuseki strategy discussion

From: Heikki Levanto
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Fuseki strategy discussion
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:12:19 +0200

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 03:10:06AM +0200, Gunnar Farneb?ck wrote:
> Spending more time here would be perfectly okay, if we just can find
> something useful to spend it on. :-)

Would thins be a good place for a limited whole-board lookahead? I have
an idea that in the fuseki stage, we could consider a very limited set
of moves, to sort out a suitable direction of play. In this context, a
"move" could be a whole joseki (the most typical variation), or some
other typical sequence...

Still, as long as our influence evaluation gives bad ideas of the value
of the resulting positions, there isn't much use for this.

Just my $0.02, before the first morning coffee. Feel free to shoot down.

-H

--
Heikki Levanto   "In Murphy We Turst"     heikki (at) lsd (dot) dk