Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo network

From: David G Doshay
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo network
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 22:04:28 -0700

On Jun 30, 2004, at 9:49 AM, Evan Daniel wrote:

Changes to make gnugo run on a cluster have been occasionally
discussed;  such changes would probably require a rather large
reworking of the entire engine, but in the long (or very long) term
are probably worthwhile.  However, at present no such feature is
integrated into gnugo.

We use GNU Go as the engine for our cluster based code, but we
do not really parallelize GG, we just have many nodes running GG
with different data.

We just got a new bigger cluster up (72 G5 processors) with only a
few things left to fix. If anyone wants to discuss a real attempt to
write a truly parallel GNU Go, we should talk.

Cheers,
David