Re: [gnugo-devel] socket support for Windows: patch

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] socket support for Windows: patch
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:41:20 +0200

I wrote:
> The patch is not yet finished.  Currently, `play_gtp.c' calls a
> few functions with `gtp_output_file' as argument.  Unfortunately,
> since now socket output can go not only over stdio streams, this
> solution doesn't work anymore.

This is much more difficult to overcome than I expected.  The main
complication is around gprintf() that is used for e.g. "%1m" output.
It is completely unaware of the need to not use `stdio.h' functions.
Does anyone has any clever ideas?  With what I can think of, the
patch quickly starts spreading all over GNU Go.

Paul