[gnugo-devel] A New Programmer

From: Todd Blackman
Subject: [gnugo-devel] A New Programmer
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:34:15 -0600

Hi.  I'm interested in possibly helping Gnugo after I get up to speed
on the code.  I wrote an academic go program for my Masters thesis
that was multi-threaded and used a multi-agent approach along with a
genetic algorithm.  Basically each agent generated a score for each
location on the board, and the evolved weights (from the GA) were used
to perform a weighted sum of all of the agents' boards (sort of like a
multi-layer neural network).  I think I might be able to use my
experience to help make gnugo thread-safe and possibly distributed
across multiple processors and/or computers.  I haven't even finished
reading all of the documentation yet, so I don't know how easy any of
this might be.  I'll send another email when I'm ready to contribute
something more.

-Todd