Re: [gnugo-devel] bug?

From: Marco Scheurer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] bug?
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:51:15 +0100

On Jan 22, 2005, at 16:13PM, Gunnar Farnebäck wrote:

David wrote:
I've noticed that two instances of GNU Go have to be playing with the
same command line parameters or the game fails.

Sounds strange

For example, I set Sen:te Goban to use its internal 3.4 framework, and
add a gtp player which uses 3.6 with the arguments --mode gtp --level
10 --quiet --nofusekidb --nojosekidb.

It's as though the games are not re-entrant, because they both use the
same external game trees (?).

I have no idea what's up with this but there is no such thing as
external game trees. The GNU Go binary is completely standalone with
no external references except a few standard system libraries.
Computations are done entirely in memory.

That's right. Even Goban's default GNU Go player is a standalone gtp player, and there is no way one instance could interact with the other except indirectly through the gtp protocol and Goban acting as a referee. In particular, there is no reason to use the same arguments on both instances.

Are you certain that the arguments were correctly set the first time?

marco

Marco Scheurer
Sen:te, Lausanne, Switzerland   http://www.sente.ch