Re: [gnugo-devel] let being cut through

From: Alain Baeckeroot
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] let being cut through
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:15:51 +0000

Le Lundi 17 Janvier 2005 04:11, Gunnar Farnebäck a écrit :
> Alain wrote:
> > Watching gnugo 3.6 against himself on 9x9 :
> > - move B 11 lose the game ! W cut through
> >
> > ( also B 27 (25) is very bad , because black die after)
> >
> > Otherwise gnugo has a lot of idea , sometime fun :)
>
> I think you missed to include the game in question.
>
> /Gunnar

Oupss !
This let me analyse more the pb: It seems to be the beginning
of a joseki (i did'nt knew before, but i see it played
by gnugo on 19 with more meaning than here).

The pb is that on 9x9 the choice of this joseki is irrelevant
because there i not enough space for compensate the
huge sacrifice (2 stones in the corner).

So this is a global mischoice of joseki, and the local analyse
didn't avoid it (cut-throught might is BIG)

my 2 cents
Alain