[gnugo-devel] strategy weights

From: Alain Baeckeroot
Subject: [gnugo-devel] strategy weights
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:22:16 +0000

Hello everybody

I m wandering in the code, for understanding GNU Go strategy
and trying to do something in strategy for strong handi games,
but i m not sure of how the coeff act on the game:

What mean value bigger than one in value_moves.c near line 3600

/*
 * Choosing a strategy based on the current score estimate
 * and the game status (between 0.0 (start) and 1.0 (game over)).
 */

void
choose_strategy(int color, float our_score, float game_status)
{

  minimum_value_weight  = 1.0;   what is this ?
  maximum_value_weight  = 1.0;   what is this ?
  territorial_weight    = 1.0;
  strategical_weight    = 1.0;
  attack_dragon_weight  = 1.0;
  invasion_malus_weight = 1.0; this is a penalty, so big means no invasion
  followup_weight       = 1.0;

  TRACE("  Game status = %f (0.0 = start, 1.0 = game over)\n", game_status);

If for all (exept the malus) big value means "do it more/take this into
account",
 then there is something i don t understand...

Alain