[gnugo-devel] Effect of --large-scale on 7x7 : end at move 10

From: Alain Baeckeroot
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Effect of --large-scale on 7x7 : end at move 10
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:58:35 +0000

Hello

I noticed an intersting thing while trying differents fuseki on tiny boards: i
tested a crossed fuseki with 3-2 moves (4 first plays)
and let GNU Go finish:

- ./configure --enable-large-scale --enable-experimental-reading
  --enable-experimental-semeai --enable-owl-threats
  --enable-semeai-node-limit=4000 --enable-owl-node-limit=4000

  when run with the --large-scale option, the game stopped at move 10
  considering all W is dead, and it seems reasonnable.
 (77-cross-finished.sgf)
 I find it interesting as a test case, and an indication of what GNU Go _can_
read.

  when run without the --large-scale, the game is played until the end.
 (77-cross-finished-nolarge.sgf)

- As a reference gnugo-3.6 configured and compiled with default options
    (77-cross-finished-3.6.sgf)

Hope that can help to validate the wonderfull --large-scale
Regards

Alain