[gnugo-devel] about one GNU Go 3.7.7 windows build's test case( crash )

From: Cai Qiang
Subject: [gnugo-devel] about one GNU Go 3.7.7 windows build's test case( crash )
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:26:47 +0800

Hi,
    Sorry for not providing enough information in my previous post.

    My platform is Windows XP.

    I use "gnugo --mode gtp < testfile" to reproduce the crash.

    I build gnugo with VC++ 7 in debug mode

    When crashs, it prompts:

Debug Error!

Program: gnugo-3.7.7\interface\gnugo.exe
Module: gnugo-3.7.7\interface\gnugo.exe
File: gnugo-3.7.7\engine\optics.c
Line: 1552

Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'vpos' was corrupted.

During my building,
    GNU Go 3.7.7 's windows build seems broken. I manual built the
uncompress_fuseki.c and generated fuseki[9,13,19].c

I also built 3.7.7 in my linux box and executed the test case. It workd
fine(produce "A4", though I think the best move should be B3).

By the way, I think the move 102 is not best. It made left-bottom group gains
zero points. It should be A4|A3. But it's strange that gnugo produce B5 at game
and when I use test.sh to reproduce it, it produce C6 though I use same command
line to call gnugo.

Best Regards!

                Cai Qiang