Re: [gnugo-devel] HTML regression views updates

From: Dave Denholm
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] HTML regression views updates
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 18:42:27 +0000

Gunnar Farnebäck <address@hidden> writes:

>   TERM environment variable not set.
>
> I've modified my script to explicitly set TERM to something
> reasonable, which will hopefully be enough. Whether it should crash
> from a lack of TERM is a different question, which I don't know the
> answer to.

I'd guess it's the curses stuff for drawing coloured boards.

utils/gg_utils.c has

void
gg_init_color()
{
#ifdef TERMINFO

[snip]

  setupterm(NULL, 2, NULL);

where manpage for setupterm has

       int setupterm(char *term, int fildes, int *errret);

       The setupterm routine reads in the terminfo database, initializing the
terminfo structures, but does not set up the out-
       put  virtualization  structures  used  by  curses.  The terminal type is
the character string term; if term is null, the
       environment variable TERM is used.  All output is to file descriptor
fildes which is initialized for output.  If  errret
       is  not  null, then setupterm returns OK or ERR and stores a status
value in the integer pointed to by errret.  A return
       value of OK combined with status of 1 in errret is normal.  If ERR is
returned, examine errret:

              1    means that the terminal is hardcopy, cannot be used for
curses applications.

              0    means that the terminal could not be found, or that it is a
generic type, having too little information  for
                   curses applications to run.

              -1   means that the terminfo database could not be found.

       If errret is null, setupterm prints an error message upon finding an
error and exits.

dd
--
Dave Denholm              <address@hidden>       http://www.esmertec.com