Re: [gnugo-devel] Memory usage

From: Alexander Pruss
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Memory usage
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:16:17 -0500

On 3/31/06, Dave Denholm <address@hidden> wrote:
> Doesn't sound like a good idea to swap to flash : flash allows a
> limited number of erase cycles, so it's okay for files which change a
> few times, but constant rewriting would probably wear it out very
> quickly.

In addition to about 4mb of dynamic RAM (depending on device;  some
have tons more, and some have less) one can often count on about 4mb
of feature memory, which is implemented as RAM but is slower to write
(one can read it fast, like RAM, but writing goes through an API).
One can override MMU settings and write fast to it, but I'd rather not
do too much in the way of undocumented things.

--
Alexander R. Pruss
address@hidden