[gnugo-devel] Re: Some GNU Go maintenance issues

From: bump
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Re: Some GNU Go maintenance issues
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 15:01:10 -0700

Gunnar wrote:

> Update, if the empty file acconfig.h is removed, autoheader also passes
> cleanly.

The file acconfig.h is 0 bytes.

Removing it helps but I still get (this with autoconf 2.59 and m4 version
1.4.2. The automake (and aclocal) versions are 1.4-p6 which ships with debian
sarge.)

$ autoconf
configure.in:13: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or m4_bpatsubst
aclocal.m4:66: AM_CONFIG_HEADER is expanded from...
configure.in:13: the top level
configure.in:594: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or m4_bregexp
aclocal.m4:79: _AM_DIRNAME is expanded from...
configure.in:594: the top level

Then I remove aclocal.m4 and run "make aclocal.m4" to remake it.
Then aclocal.m4 is changed, and autoconf runs with no warning.

This is from a private thread but I'm cc:ing gnugo-devel so
this message gets archived.

Dan