Re: [gnugo-devel] different colors for black and white stones in ascii m

From: Joseph Piché
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] different colors for black and white stones in ascii mode
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 10:38:13 -0500

Andrei,

Currently, ASCII mode does not use colors except in debugging. But it
is a good question to bring up. Is this something we want to do? If
so, what colors? I guess one option is making the board a different
color and keeping the stones Os and Xs. Another is simply making the
Os and Xs different colors.

It wouldn't be that hard to do, but the bigger question is what kind
focus do we want to put to the CLI now that most people use some GUI.
Should the CLI default be switched to GTP?

Thanks for asking the question.

--
Joseph Piché