[gnugo-devel] Re: [Quarry-dev] possible maintaining of quarry

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Re: [Quarry-dev] possible maintaining of quarry
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 21:17:43 +0200

Joseph Piché wrote:
> Hi. I am new to Quarry, but I saw on the website and the gnugo mailing
> list that Quarry is not being maintained. I have a fair amount of
> programming experience and have worked a little on a couple other
> projects, and was wondering if I could help maintain/develop the code.
> One thing I was especially interested in is building binary packages
> for a couple of Linux distro's.
>
> Please let me know the feasibility of this.

Yes, I can give you write access to the source repository and you are
welcome to maintain the project.  Just for building binary packages it
is not needed, but I'd assume you want to do some more.  As I know
there are binary packages at least for Debian and Fedora.

Also, if the project is going to be maintained again, we need to
decide on the copyright issue.  Daniel proposed to assign copyright to
FSF and I don't mind.  But if we go down this route you will need to
assign copyright before committing anything too.  What you decide?

Paul