Re: Re: [gnugo-devel] Question about a closed-source application based o

From: =??B?ufu6y7mk1/fK0g==?=
Subject: Re: Re: [gnugo-devel] Question about a closed-source application based onGNU GO engine
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 01:13:37 +0800

  Thank you very much, Bump. It's clear to me.

  And also, I 'v read the mail send from Martin
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2009-01/msg00006.html). Here I
explains a bit more.
  At this time, the modified engines' source codes are not distributed with the
binary entirely, I just provided the two modified .c files of each version with
the GNU GO engine binary, and placed a 'readme.txt' file in the engine's
directory that said that the modified files are here and the full source code
can be downloaded from the GNU Go's homepage.
   Acroding to the GPL license, this seem's not enough. From now on, I'm going
to provide GNU GO engine full source code download seperately on the release
homepage, and explicitly add a link to the source code download page both in
the 'readme.txt' and the GUI shell program beginning from the next release.
   Till now, all of my release of the GNU GO engine and the GUI are
electronical (download from web site), if someday I need to release it by other
meidia such as CD or DVD, I'm surely will provide the full source code of the
engine.

   Now, the entire source codes (from 3.0 to 3.6) of the engines modified by me
are here: http://guohe.tiaoa.net/download/gnugosource30to36.zip

  Any question, please ask me, thank you!

  Huang Xinmin
address@hidden
2009-01-17 (Jan 18, 2009)

????????Daniel Bump
??????????2009-01-17 22:55:52
????????ghgzs; GNU Go development
??????gnugo
??????Re: [gnugo-devel] Question about a closed-source application based onGNU
GO engine

If you distribute the GNU Go engine you have
to distribute the GNU Go source. If you made
modifications to the GNU Go engine you have
to distribute the source to the GNU Go engine.
Your GUI that communicates with GNU Go through
GTP is a separate program and you do not have
to distribute source for it.

Daniel Bump