Re: [gnugo-devel] GnuGo Dataset

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GnuGo Dataset
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 11:07:18 -0700

> My name is César, I'm a computer architecture research and actually
> I'm investigating on how the behavior of a program change when it is
> exercised with different inputs. One of the programs in my list is
> GNU-Go. Is there any dataset that I could use to simulate the program
> use in different scenarios? Is there any dataset to validate that the
> program is correctly working?

There is a testsuite in the regression/ directory. See:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/gnugo_20.html

The testsuite is run when one contemplates making changes to the
program, to make sure that new harmful effects are not added.
When new code is added to the program which has the effect
of correcting some wrong behavior, a test is added to the
testsuite. I think that's the kind of thing you are asking for.

Daniel Bump