[gnugo-devel] gnugo in emacs revisited

From: jinki jung
Subject: [gnugo-devel] gnugo in emacs revisited
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 04:36:48 +0900

I am trying to play go within emacs on DOS window (emacs -nw).

Particulary I like the way of input of "gomoku" so I am expecting gnugo

in emacs to be similar as gomoku.

My trial environment is

    0. window     win7

    1. emacs      v.24.3

    2. gnugo       v.3.8

    3. gnugo.el   unknown  - downloaded from http://www.gnu.org/ software/gnugo/gnugo_3.html

Now I have managed to compile gnugo in DOS and I can run it from dos command.

In emacs, after "load-file ../interface/gnugo.el", tried to run by "M-x gnugo" then

gnugo asking option.  I am lost here. I tried several options such as "—mode emacs, --boardsize 19” but none works. It simply stop after saying “Uninitialized GNU Go board”.  It will be much appreciated if someone put any explanation on this for me.

Gnugo Web page is saying I need to use emacs-21 version, but I could not find window binary of emacs-21. The oldest version from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/ is 22.3. If gnugo only works in emacs-21 version , Please let me know where I can find the window version of emacs-21.

Thank you

Jung.jinki