Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed Packages for Debian available for testing

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed Packages for Debian available for testing
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:36:05 +0200

> Not as easy as it seems.
I know.

> Needs to initialize a ram disk, create the database on the ram disk,
> initialize the database, populate the database .... every time you boot the
> demo. How else would you get a backend functional, when you have no write
> access?
> ... unless you only want to demonstrate the GUI client.

1) One can access a public PostgreSQL demo server over the 'net
   if we had one.
2) I AM working on scripts that do what you say. After all the
   current procedure is too difficult for the average doctor
   interested in GnuMed/Archive.
3) We could mirror a binary image of an installed database
   onto the RAM disk/local hard disk.
4) It would be vastly useful already to be able to demo the
   frontend.

> I am absolutely fascinated by Knoppix and would love to see that happen.
> Would
> be a dream if this would actually happen before the OSHCA conference :-)))
Unfortunately, there may not be enough time left unless
someone tackles this nearly full-time. I know I can't.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net