[Gnumed-devel] Newbie

From: hashitoxicosis
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Newbie
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 18:00:27 +0000

I have been trying to install use and contribute to the gnumed project for the
last few days. I am still stuck on the installation phase however :-)

I am Still trying to understand the architecture, but i have a question.
Would it be better if all the python code handling the database connections
are on the server machine and the clients talk to this server code through
some sort of RMI (like CORBA)
Fnorb (www.fnorb.org), is a CORBA implementation for python which may fit the
bill.

Currently, client machines need PyPgSQL, which in my opinion, limits
the "thinness" of the client.
Thanx