[Gnumed-devel] GnuMed Window Icon/Serpents

From: Michael Bonert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed Window Icon/Serpents
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 04:08:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi Everyone:

Attached are a couple PNGs with some serpents.  Take a look.

Horst:
Initally, I had some problems with 'G' serpents and
worked on creating 'g' serpents... that is why you
see a few of 'em.

Serpent Descriptions - (top to bottom)
1 'g' serpent
2 italic 'g' serpent
3 the original (python) serpent (for reference)
4 italic 'g' serpent after rolling in the mud
5 distorted 'G' serpent
6 clean 'G' serpent
7 'G' serpent w/ black tail
8 round thin 'G' serpent
9 round thick 'G' serpent
10 'G' serpent w/ dirty belly

I'm looking for suggestions and critism -- praise of
course is also welcome. ;-)

Like any of the ones you see?

Are there features of the various serpents you think
could be combined to create the ultimate serpent?

Less tongue?  More tongue?  Darker Colours?
Should I try an offset from frame (see window cascade png)?
-----

If someone else wants to give it a try I can supply
them with the little hack I made to convert images
to the pickled, compressed and formatted lists I
figured-out are used in GnuMed to store picture
data.

Also, if someone wants to tweak my creations...
let me know; I'll add the critters to CVS.

Michael