Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Postgres meta data

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Postgres meta data
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:45:55 +0000

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 07:34 am, Andreas Tille wrote:
> ~> python PgMetaData.py InfluenzaWeb > Influenza.html
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "PgMetaData.py", line 266, in ?
>     pk = list_primary_key(con, table)
>   File "PgMetaData.py", line 166, in list_primary_key
>     return int(pk[0])-1
> ValueError: invalid literal for int(): 1 2 3
>
> I hope to get the problem fixed myself soon and send a patch but currently
> I could only provide the table structure as SQL statements if somebody is
> interested ...

Suppose you have a compound primary key spanning the first three columns -
currently, my metadata module assumes primary keys are based on a single
column.
Easy to fix though, although I would strongly advise against such compunt PKs.
Nothing but trouble, and defies the purpose of a primary key in the first
place.

Horst