Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient search widget revisited

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient search widget revisited
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 01:11:35 +0100

> Why do you use the lost focus event?
Our top row displays patient name, age and allergies. Whenever
I am not in the name field actually doing a search I want to
see the full name of the currently active patient and not the
search term fragment I last typed. Consider this situation:

Currently active: "Haywood, Ian". I go to the search field and
type "hil, kar". I don't hit enter but rather remember that I
wanted to do something else with Ian's record. Hence I leave
the search field again and go somewhere else. Note that I did
not start the search, I merely typed a search term. Now, upon
leaving the search field I want it to revert to displaying
Ian's details.

Make sense ?

The problem being: Not only does the search field receive a
lost-focus event when I leave the search field but also
(sporadically) when I leave the entire application window in
order to go to another window and also sometimes when the
application is closed ... At least in the first case I'd like
the (perhaps partially) type search term to stay since when I
come back to GnuMed's window I'll continue the search. The
intent wasn't to abandon the search but to interrupt typing
the search term.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net