Re: [Gnumed-devel] widget connecting

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] widget connecting
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 16:27:20 +0200 (MEST)

> > I absolutely agree that we should write down a plan or at least detailed
> > list on what should go in
> Will you compile the list and put it in CVS ?
Sure. I guess there will be some dicussion first :).

> 1) patient input/search/modification, no relationship handling
> 2) keeping progress notes in simple SOAP structured text input
>    fields (clin_note/clin_history/clin_physical rows)
> 3) export of progress notes text for re-use
export to what ? other applications ? text format (ASCII, XML, other ) ?
> 4) allowing third-party apps to connect to a GnuMed instance,
>    lock it into a patient and release that lock later on
>
> That's my list. Clarifications ? Modificiations ? Deletions ?
>
> This, of course, in addition to the already working Archive
> code (proper integration of which I feel responsible for but
> which need not be a showstopper for release of the above 1-4).
Additionally I can offer:
- ConfigRegistry (hope I can complete it soon)
- The DrugBrowser should work against an AMIS drug database, it should be
easy to change the query definitions for other SQL-databases. XML-RPC interface
could be added easily, but I would rather prefer to improve the browser GUI.

 needed:
- some place in CVS to store gnumed client data files, that is files
containing data that can be read by the client (e.g. config files that are not
subject to change and therefore should not go in ~/.gnumed/, or query definition
files for the DrugBrowser, or later maybe XML-definitions for wxPython GUI
etc.).
I would not like to store these files on the backend because they are rather
part of the client code than of
the user data.
- a module that checks the current backend schema versions against versions
needed by the client modules. My idea: load this module in gnumed.by and make
any backend-related module (that is every module making backend connections)
register its interests. Than check versions at some point and either just
disable plugins or display a warning.

Hilmar