Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems installing gnumed

From: Roberto Mello
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems installing gnumed
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 17:11:06 -0600

On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 07:04:36AM +1000, Horst Herb wrote:

> gnumed is still in development, not even alpha test quality yet. It still
> lacks most features that are needed to actually use it.

Ok. I was hoping it was a bit further, but we can help it get there.

> Currently, we have a lot of user interface, and some database structure, and
> the two talk very little if at all to each other - but we are getting there,
> slowly.

Excellent.

> I guess you are the guy with this utmost useful Posgresql tips web site? If
> so, your help would be most appreciated, not only for Portuguese translation.

Yes, I'm that guy. I'd be glad to help with the database part. I have
pretty good expertise in that area, but not so with wxPython.

> The error you are getting must be due to a recent change - I'll look into it,
> but I'd expect that Karsten Hilbert (Karsten Hilbert
> <address@hidden>) knows the answer already. It is probably an
> enumeration which hasn't be initialized in the database bootstrapping script.

Ok.

-Roberto

--
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +