[Gnumed-devel] Re: Browser GUi

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Browser GUi
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 18:12:07 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,
> > - The DrugBrowser should work against an AMIS drug database, it should
> be
> > easy to change the query definitions for other SQL-databases. XML-RPC
> > interface could be added easily, but I would rather prefer to improve
> the
> > browser GUI.
>
> What are your idea's here re the GUI
I would like to add some small features like
- a history to switch back and forward between pages (as in every web
browser)
- some way to choose between different drug databases (e.g. a combobox)
- guess there are some more things I don´t remember right now
I will certainly need your help in changing the design.

> Will I easily be able to link up my mimsannual data again to the drug
> browser? As you remember I hard coded the queries 12 months ago as proof
> of
> concept.
I tried to port your queries to my implementation. Please have a look at
test-area/gmDrug/mims.conf.
All you have to do to try gmDrugBrowser is
1. install/link gmDrugBrowser.py to client/wxpython/gui
2. install/link gmDrugObject.py and gmDrugView.py to client/python-common
3. copy mims.conf to ~/.gnumed/
4. edit your ~/.gnumed/gnumed.conf. Add the lines

[DrugReferenceBrowser]
# mims is a reference to the configfile entry. It is not the name of the
postrgres-db ! You have
# to setup your config tables in the backend correctly !
drugDBname = mims

[mims]
configfile =  /<path_to_your_homedir>/.gnumed/mims.conf

5. edit your bootstrap.conf so that the service ´pharmaceutica´ points to
the database that has the mims-
data .
 - add pharmaceutica to the services list in [installation]
- add your drug database if different from core db
- add service pharmaceutica (copy from e.g. clinical, change name and
database alias (if required), delete all schema references so that you don´t add
schemas to that service (you don´t have to if mims data are already installed
on this db). Now bootstrap the db
 ( you can as well add the service by hand if you do not wish to bootstrap -
see the developer manual on how to do it)

If you have problems configuring one of the above files I can send you my
files as example.

Now you should be able to start gmDrugBrowser as standalone widget or as
notebook plugin (don´t forget to change/delete ´plugin load order´ in the cfg_*
tables if you did not bootstrap the core db !)

Please test and report any problems that occur. Read DrugDescription.txt in
test-area/gmDrug for details on the format of the mims.conf file.

Hilmar