Re: [Gnumed-devel] Knoppix-cd gnumed doesn't run

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Knoppix-cd gnumed doesn't run
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 14:44:46 +0200

> That would be some 60-70 GB traffic - a bit expensive. Will still do it if
> you can't find an alternative. UNiversities are usually quite cooperative
> in providing download space for reasonable projects.

That is what I thought. Downloads should work ok now.

> If we host it on gnumed, I would urge to
> 1.) keep the ISO as small as possible
> 2.) use an uncompressed file system so that people can update their images
> via rsync without need for repetitive downloads (applies for corrupted
> downloads as well)
Although this would be nice, I myself <currently> do not see the need for such
an endeavor. It is a time-consuming task I can tell you.
Whoever wants to try GNUmed beyond the possiblities provided by Knoppix right
now should install GNUmed from CVS/*.deb him/herself.

This does not mean that I am unwilling to support anybody else to do just
that. Right now I am just more interested in helping to code GNUmed rather
than supporting end-users.

Sebastian