[Gnumed-devel] Horst think again - gui comments

From: richard terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Horst think again - gui comments
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:05:14 +1000

Horst I'm afraid you are missing the point here completely.

Absolutely and completely missed the point.

Please go back and look at the png and read the posting again and think about
what I've said there and here

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HARD CODING OF FONT address@hidden

Even in my VB program I didn't hard code font sizes, they changed
proportionately to the screen size, resolution that the person wanted to work
with.

Take another look.

 The problem is that GTK isn't that intelligent. It consumes large amounts of
blank space where it need not, and leads to a diminution of available space.
Even if the user chooses a smaller font size, they will still be faced with
the problem.

Nothing at all today with fonts. To do with the basic gui tools.

Regards

Richard