[Gnumed-devel] Re: installing and using gnumed

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: installing and using gnumed
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 23:03:53 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Hilmar Berger wrote:

> I am on Debian and last time I had to reinstall all packages I experienced a
> number of problems, too. One problem for me  was that the packages for
> Debian-Unstable did not work as I expected.
It would be great if anybody who is experianceing problems with the
Debian packages would drop me a note.

> The second largest problem was to
> configure postgres for gnumed.
This configuration is done automatically by the gnumed-snapshot-server package.
Any problems with this?

> You have to make sure that postgres has been correctly configured so that
> you can connect via TCP. To make this work, you might have to change some
> config files in /etc/postgresql/. See the chapter on Mandrake installation in
> the
> User Manual for an description of what you might have to change.
Sorry.  This document might miss something which is set for security issues
on Debian systems.  Check the postinst script of gnumed-snapshot-server.

Kind regards

            Andreas.