[Gnumed-devel] Re: installing and using gnumed

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: installing and using gnumed
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 23:29:04 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > > I can't see a way of finding out whether or not we need it.
> > Point. Although most systems probably use 'trust" authentication for local
> > connections, this probably isn't such a good idea  in Real Life.
> Same with IDENT. Debian seems anal about that sort of thing.
You might search the archive or have a lock at the postinst script of
gnumed-snapshot-server at

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed/

It contains the necessary pg_hba.conf lines (and removes them once
the package is purged).  I think no more and no less rights are necessary.

Kind regards

             Andreas.