Re: [Gnumed-devel] comments about cvs stuff

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] comments about cvs stuff
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:45:06 +1100

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:41:32 -0500
David Grant <address@hidden> wrote:

> Just some general comments:

> Regular tags of the repository should be made.  A few of the files logs
> I looked at had no tags, so I assume this isn't done so far.  Maybe you
> think you're not ready for an 0_1 tag...but they are a good tool to use
> anyways.

Perhaps this whole tale is an advetisement for Subversion
(subversion.tigris.org)

subversion versions directories and moving of files (so they retain their
version history on moving)

It makes it easier for arbitrary branches of the main tree (one for each
developer, at least ;-)
Subversion plans to add fine-grained access control, too.

Ian

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E