[Gnumed-devel] problem with update_v_basic_person

From: syan tan
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] problem with update_v_basic_person
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:52:28 +1100

The new create person mechanism uses the business object to offer the dummy values without inserting any names
for the identity.
I think there is some sort of processing dependency between the trigger for inserting into v_basic_person and the trigger for updating v_basic_person. Before, it seemed to work when I inserted into v_basic_person and then changed the name or title; but now , the trigger to update names and titles for v_basic_person is called in setTitle, and setActiveNames, without insert into v_basic_person ever being called prior.

There is a guard condition in the update trigger which checks for equality between the old.lastnames vs new.lastnames
in gmDemographic_person-views.sql ,
and I was wondering if that is foiling the update; as no new row appears in the names table after setActiveNames is called,
althought gmPG returns 1, which suggests there are no errors detected.