Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed website

From: David Grant
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed website
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:58:02 -0500

James Busser wrote:

Can someone who may already know how (and who may already have the necessary write permissions) help we with some of the proposed changes to the savannah site?

I am using Mac OS X (10.3.2) but AFAIK have not used OpenSSH and am not sure how to activate/operate it, nor setting up and using a "key". I'd be willing to start figuring this out --- there's a hint at http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php? story=20031211122913895&query=openssh

Run "ssh -t dsa", choose a good password.

You can try running this for passwords:
for ((n=0;n<10;n++)); do dd if=/dev/urandom count=1 2> /dev/null | uuencode -m -| head -n 2 | tail -n 1 | cut -c-8; done

Look in your ~/.ssh directory (I'm not sure where this is on Mac OS X, /home/jbusser/.ssh maybe?) Or maybe in .ssh2 ?? Go to the account conf section of the savannah site and add you public ssh key. Just open it and copy and paste the text. I'm not sure how much having the key helps, unless you have write access, so ask someone to give you write access or something.

To do anonymous CVS checkout (which doesn't even need the key), do:

export CVS_RSH=ssh
export CVSROOT=:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gnumed
cd <some directory where you want the gnumed cvs checkout to go>
cvs -z3 co gnumed OR cvs -z3 checkout gnumed (z3 is for compression)

To Karsten/Horst/whom it may concern: I just created my Savannah account today, and I applied to join the gnumed team. Is it possible that I could get write access?

David

and more info at:
http://sial.org/howto/openssh/publickey-auth/

it's new territory for me!