Re: [Gnumed-devel] re : callback from event loop in wxPython

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re : callback from event loop in wxPython
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:00:24 +0100

> Is gmDispatcher using something like the Queue package
No.

> or just a vector or some sort weak reference collection to
manage garbage collection ( as far as I remember, the latter) ?
Yes.

> gmDispatcher may not be thread safe .
Probably not.

> Does the business
> objects have mutexes (thread locks) in that case ?
gmBackendListeners successfully does locking

> Where does the initialization of the listener
> thread take place
in gmScriptingListener.py which isn't checked in yet, as an
example see gmBackendListener

> (is it sharing the global variable space of
> the gnumed client) ?
yes and no, only to the extent that any other imported module
shares the global name space

GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net