[Gnumed-devel] Gnumed FAQs

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed FAQs
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:06:56 -0800

Hi all

We are further developing the FAQs at gnumed.org and would divide this next effort into two stages. For this first stage, could people consider and comment on the following proposed FAQs and consider proposing any additional FAQs that should be a priority to put up.

Please postpone possible "answers" to the FAQs - we already have a few draft answers and will share those next, one or a few at a time, to keep it manageable.

For now just comment on the suitability, sequence, and adequacy for what you think is needed. If proposing new questions, offer at what position to insert them being forewarned - we'll ask the proposers to help write the answers ;-)

What is GNUMed
Who is GNUMed for?
What computer system(s) will it run on?
Is GNUMed free? Why?
What more should I know about Open Source?
What might it cost to run?
When might GNUMed be ready for use?
Can I be notified of significant GNUMed progress?
How can I learn more and perhaps contribute?
Why is GNUMed so hard to install? ;-)